[RC] S Hack - rnbianchi

I always start my horse in a bitted bridle for the first loop of a ride when he is most likely to pull and miss behave.  Then I switch him to the S Hack.  I have two sets of cheek pieces per bridle: one with the bit, the other with the S Hack.  I set them up so that the snap is at the top and the strap is attached to the bit or S Hack.  That way it is simple and quick to to change out one for the other and I can change back if need be.  Also, I set them up so that the snap faces in toward the face, so if the horse rubs his head he won't catch the bridle on anything.  (I know of a horse that rubbed his head on a wire gate, managed to hook himself up and pull the gate off its hinge pins.  He then galloped off with the gate hanging from his face and a ten year old in the saddle.  Happily, all ended well but it could have been really, really bad.)
Cheers,
Becky Bianchi