[RC] clipping of the endurance horse - Dunn, Meghan

I clip just the neek of my horse but have been trying to decide if I should clip more. I live in Oklahoma and the weather is crazy. I do keep my horse blanketed but she is still very bear-like. I did a ride the first of Nov. and I clipped her neck. I think it did help her cool off but at the end of the ride her CRI was elevated. The vet said that everything else was fine and that she was just hot. I have been considering clipping more of her but I am afraid to clip her girth area. Any suggestions on a good clip?