Re: [RC] [Consider This] How Much Weight Can Your Horse Safely Carry? - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

I found this incredibly interesting.  I asked, Raquel, my granddaughter to go and weigh her backpack.  It weighs approximately 32.5 pounds.  I asked her if sh experienced any back difficulties carrying around this pack during school hours.  She said, "GRANDMA, are you kidding, I toss around 125 pound bales of hay.  I stack the hay, pull it down, and then feed the horses!"   ROFLMAO!   There you have it.  Clearly, all teens need to be working on ranches/farms tossing/pitching hay!

On the serious end of this discussion.  Not only is it clear the importance of conditioning is  for a horse to carry a load.  It is equally as important for the human to be in condition to carry the load it takes to care for said animals!  You see, I am talking brave here, because I actually got to the gym one day this week!  YES, I am on my way to conditioning.

Now, back to the couch!  Because the thought of going to the gym exhausts me.  LOL!

D'Arcy