[RC] Saddles for Polish Arabs & others - Naomi Preston

I'd highly recommend the SR Enduro by Steve Gonzales.  Steve custom fits the saddle to your horse's back, and he is amazingly knowledgeable about the horse's anatomy and how a saddle should fit. The saddle's built on a unique style of flexible tree.  Another great thing about the Enduro is that it puts you in a balanced riding position -- really important.  I've been riding his saddles for 20 years, and they're terrific.  Steve will also fine-tune the fit of your saddle when your horse's muscling changes, or loses weight with fitness.  I had him work on my saddle right before the 5-day Owyhee Canyonlands ride, since my mare had lost some weight in becoming fitter this season.  The saddle fit her like a glove again, and we received overall Best Condition for the 5 days.  My husband Lee, who's a heavy heavyweight (260 lbs.) also rides an SR.  Vets are always commenting how great his horses' backs look.

And personally, how the saddle fits the horse would be the first priority for me.  My horse's comfort is primary -- mine a distant second!

I think Steve's at the Trail Blazer festival this weekend for anyone in that vicinity.  He's also an advertiser on Endurance.net

Naomi Preston