Re: [RC] Fwd: [CanEndure] WEC Comments - Maryanne Gabbani

I'm glad to see someone commenting on the need of the FEI to put their house in order on the steward scene. I'm sure that there are some good FEI stewards but I haven't seen many of them. My experience in Egypt has been that they tend to be rather lax but not universally...if you know what I mean.

And the groom situation is exactly what I was pointing out on my comments about "industrial" endurance. One can hardly expect to have the same level of service from one's friends who manage to make it to a race but have never worked together before as from a staff of paid professionals who know that their job is on the line if they mess up.

I think (only slightly biassed towards the Canadians <G>) that finishing four out of five is terrific.

Maryanne

 I must comment that if the FEI are going to put rules in place then they need to have Stewards who will enforce those rules.

The winning riders certainly had a LOT of help, my question would be did they have more than they should? There seemed to be so many grooms!! It really was like an assembly line - as the horses passed through the in gates there was a bucket brigade pouring ice water over the horses as they walked through the cooling area to the vet check.

Finishing four riders (3 on team) out of 5 starters was amazing - Yes there were tears at the final vetting! Kay, Chef d'Equipe, Canada

--
Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
msgabbani@xxxxxxxxx

Egypt Face to Face