Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 12:14 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Veterans Day

In all things, even in the dark period of the Vietnam war, some of us tried to keep in mind that the military were doing what they were ordered to do.  Some were there voluntarily, some were drafted.

Today, most of our military people are in other countries doing what the government requires of them voluntarily.  That doesn't change a thing in my mind.  I say hate/censure the "leaders" who started sending our servicemen to war, not the servicemen themselves.  They didn't have anything to do with the policies and decisions our "leaders" have made.  If you have to protest, keep in mind that the bravery of our servicemen has nothing to do with the stupidity of our "leaders" who apparently think war will solve something.

jeri