[RC] Veterans Day - Tom Sites

Hello,  Today was Veterans Day and i awoke to go to a local high school where my daughter is a Special Ed. teacher and i have 2 grandsons going there.  I have never attended a Veterans event other that the VVAW in 1971 and felt somewhat uncomfortable.  It was a moving assembly for the school in that they had photos of all the Vets going thru an endless cycle.  There were Vets there on oxygen and in wheel chairs to 2 that were in full military dress and a chest full of medals (thanks Dr Q) and both had CIB's (combat infantry badges).  As i sat there in the gymnasium and the band played and the chorus sang and we were all heros for one day i cried a few tears.  I cried a few tears because i remember my flight from Ft. Lewis, Washington to Baltimore back from VN in 1969.  In order to get a cheap seat i had to wear my uniform.  The animosity and distain i received on that flight changed and hurt me forever.  I went to do something my country had told me was right and i gotta eat shit and hear  their rants of me being a baby killer and all i want to do is go home.  I was a photographer, i never killed, but i saw it and i photographed it.

Please... our team are Veterans.  Veterans of Endurance, and i am proud of them all as they all gave all they had and not ONE person here could have done any better.  So please change the subject lines or stop this "poor showing" stuff.  I'd hate them to come home to what i did in 69.  You just may find out you as this country did will change and they will be heros and then you'll want to know what saddle they rode and the breeding of the horse.

Please,

tom sites
RA 11 935 898