[RC] WEC training program - Ranelle Rubin

I think before anyone critisizes our training program in any way, they certainly need to educate themselves on what has actually occurred. Becky Hart did an excellent job in the transformation of our previous "no program" to one that now has structure, form, and possibility. After following Ann Hall and Bogus Thunder's quest to make the team this summer (many calls with Ann as she traveled across this land of ours, not once, but TWICE), we do have a program! They were on the long list, but were not, in the end, selected to go to Malaysia. I had the pleasure of riding Bogus for an entire summer, so have an emotional attachment to his success.

Like any "first year" team, we have challenges. We do not have a deep squad of horses and riders to choose from like some of the other countries where the government sponsors riders. What we have are talented riders who have come from grass roots beginnings, not "silver spoons". We have folks like Hal and Ann Hall who have bred a fabulous animal Bogus Thunder. They have quested for knowledge along their journey in this sport and been willing to teach others. We have Becky Hart who has succeeded at the international level many times and now selflessley imparts that knowlege to others.

No matter how you feel about the result, or even international riding in general, I feel they deserve our praise, support and positive thoughts.

Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway. ~ John Wayne

Ranelle Rubin, Business Consultant
http://www.rrubinconsulting.com
Independent Dynamite Distributor
raneller@xxxxxxx