RE: [RC] "You can't vaccinate for Lightening" - Nancy Mitts

Well, Dr. "Lightnin' Rod" Holbrook strikes again! LOL, he was nearly struck at the Winding Stairs ride several years ago!  Hmmmm.

Nancy Mitts

"How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg?
Four.     Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg."

  -- Abraham Lincoln

e: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 06:33:54 -0800
> From: appalucie@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [RC] "You can't vaccinate for Lightening"
>
> A quote from Dr. Todd Holbrook DVM, assistant US team vet.. and wise sage!
> Truer words were never spoken.
> The team was hit by Lightening! Twice.. once figuratively and the second actually.
ot sure what the diagnosis was, but I was sure worried about her.

> The lightening strike did happen.
>
> Lightening struck a crane that was holding TV antennas and the bolt ran into the in and out gate of the venue. Many people were standing at the gate waiting for the horses. It had rained terribly and the water was standing up past their ankles. Many people were shocked by the lightening. None seriously. Dr. Holbrook had tingling in his feet for hours and Skip Lightfoot had lightening go up his arm and into his teeth where he had fillings. Others were shocked in different ways. We were very lucky no one was seriously hurt. I have never been near a lightening strike but I can tell you it hit and crashed at the same time.. I've NEVER seen anything like it and I never want to again. I was under the canopy set up for the horses so I just saw this huge white light and felt the ground shake and heard a horrible sharp crack.

Windows Live Hotmail now works up to 70% faster. Sign up today.