Re: [RC] Poor Showing at WEC - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

Ginger,

I am deeply saddened by your post.  Your lack of sensitivity and compassion is overwhelming.  The general consensus of opinion has been one of support.  Where in the world do you draw the conclusion to use "us" and "we" in your post - denoting that all of "us" might agree with your assessment and the stand that you have taken?  I respect the fact that everyone has their own opinion.  I also believe 'respect' is a key issue to consider while employing your fingers to the keyboard.   I just can't imagine the thoughts that are going to go through each of these competitors minds reading your post.  There will be a moment of sadness for each of them that they may have let us down.  When in fact everyone posting, over the weekend, while following WEC, were supportive and not critical.  I ask that you consider the insensitivity that your post will convey.    These riders should come home to cheers and gladness.  They will beat themselves up enough.  They will review and critique themselves beyond how you or I might criticize our own performance.  Until one gets to that level of competition - one would do well to sit on the sidelines quietly and observe.

You would do well to 'know' the audience that you are addressing.  Especially the audience you are insulting.  Do yourself a favor and look up the ride records of every member of the US Team.  Then do a background study on Becky Hart!   In particular get a hold  of the FEI Tape of the WEG where Becky rode a horse all through FRANCE and WON!   Becky's record, in and of itself, speaks volumes for the knowledge, experience, and managerial skills that she brought to the table in Malaysia.

Last, you have made it very clear that this is no small matter and that you have taken the team's performance, "personally" and "seriously" -  excuse me - unless you, personally, contributed to the financial undertaking of this team and it's riders, please refrain from using standardized language in the first person.  Most of all DO NOT use "us" and "we" to make a general statement insinuating  that all of "US" feel the same way.  Just where do you think the financial backing came from for this team to compete?  Are you under the impression that US Taxpayers foot this bill?  Your statement, does, in fact, leave me a bit confused and perplexed to say the least.  Most of all, as I have already stated, your post has left me saddened thinking how the US Team might feel over such a caustic statement.

I can't even imagine what these riders went through with time change, climate change, travel changes, sleeping changes, etc., to even get to this competition.   Then to do the ride under some of the most scary weather conditions- COME ON - where is your compassion!

--
D'Arcy L. Demianoff-Thompson
cest.mon.virage@xxxxxxxxx

"Go Ball State University Cardinals"