[RC] Poor showing at WEC - rides2far

I am well aware of what our people are up against

Oh really? I'd love to hear about the last time you had to choose your
pace against the best in the world and come up with your strategy on when
to make you move. Did it take long to work your way though those volumes
of experience?

and evidentally it's out of our league

Who is included in "our"? So, do you consider yourself in the same peer
group as Jan Worthington, Val, Becky???  What's the cutoff of
experience...20,000 miles competition, or 455?  Ya think they'd all be
struck by the insight you could offer around the campfire?

or at least out of the leage of the representatives that have been
sent.

Ahh, If only they'd thought to call *you* up!

Now it is what it is. If we can't compete to the best of our
ability(maybe we have) then it's time to re-evalute or get out of the
compeition.

So, if at first you don't succeed, quit! Now I get it.

I don't have to be a 100 mile rider to know this lesson. My opinion
is the same as always, get it together or get out of the competition.

Hmm, I know this is harsh, but you started it. You appear to have 33
career starts in 14 years, and 21 finishes, that's a 66% completion rate
in predominantly 25 milers. In 2004 you had 3 starts. 2 Metabollic pulls
and one rider option. Under your own rules, why didn't you get out of the
competition? Not that *I* think you should have. I believe in what you
did do, which was continue to ride and hope you get better at what you're
doing next year. You're the one who said, "Get it together or get out of
the competition.

YES, TO FINISH IS TO WIN, but we couldn't even finish respectfully.

Nahh, getting knocked down by lightning on a 100 mile ride at age 68 and
getting back on to finish is *nothing* if the horse trots a little lame,
right?  All these riders are completing in times that used to win the ROC
or the WEC. What they're doing is amazing. What others are doing is
borderline unthinkable, but it doesn't mean that what they're doing is
any less amazing when you look at how little those like you and I are
able to manage.

I knew when I sent the post there would be some upset people and this
not a new subject as we go through it every year. Let's have some real
pride and get this job done right.

Oh my gosh. Alright, it's time you showed some pride. Go get that horse
out of the field tonight and get busy. Your country, the old Red White &
Blue depends on your for our national PRIDE. If you don't do it, we'll
all suffer for your lack of success together.

Angie McGhee