[RC] jvm are you serious? - Melissa Margetts Ms. Kitty

In response to a very legitimate question about the seemingly "out of control" start that was described by Kathy Brunjes, (said description copied below) who was a rider for the US team in the actual ride, normandjudyv@xxxxxxx wrote:
*/
"All the USA horses are perfectly trained in every way. You will probably never be in that situation, so you will never understand. Do yourself a favor and don,t make comments on something you nothing about. jvm"/*

Kathy Brunjes post and description:

"I had John and Cheryl beside me and watched Sonny bucking and running and twisting down the field - with John riding him like he was water skiing - Cheryl right behind him looking like she wanted to be anywhere but there! Reason was being as bad a Sonny - I thankfully had a very strong horse, but he wasn't bucking and twisting or lunging! So there I was at the end of the field, with riderless horses running everywhere, people limping along the trail trying to catch running horses and Jim Bryant Sr. standing there looking at everything -"

"While Flame was standing on two legs again, Theatric said, "oh my god - something must be terrible here" and he was running circles around Tom - dragging him through the lanes and crashing over buckets of water and people...it took us 29 minutes to get his pulse down to 64 - it was horrible - I simply walked away and told everyone I couldn't watch it -"

Dang REALLY! I too was wondering why such top notch horses with training up the wazoo sounded so uncontrollable and downright dangerous to their riders, themselves and those helping out at the vet checks. Yes there was rain. Yes there was lightening. But Kathy's description was not only at the start before all of that hit. It is a valid question for those of us who also do 100 mile rides and are very excited riders feeding off of their horses energy and vice versa, but I also am wondering if it is the incredible "race brain" of these elite horses and the riders expect that. Do they tend to forget and all their ground manners just thrown out the window on some of these horses when they get to the starting gate.? I certainly wouldn't want to climb atop a rocket or fire breathing dragon at an International competition if my horse might go bucking and spinning down the field. Kathy was describing riderless horses running everywhere. That certainly doesn't sound like "perfectly trained in every way" like jvm describes. So I am asking jvm to please explain in more detail to those of us who really "don't understand and shouldn't make comments on something we know nothing about". Just how EXACTLY is a horse that bucks you off and drags their handler through the lanes and crashing over buckets of water and people, PERFECTLY TRAINED???

Melissa Margetts