RE: [RC] training - Karen Standefer

Remember the lightening and thunder?

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Carla Richardson
Sent: Sunday, November 09, 2008 8:41 AM
To: Sbolinge@xxxxxxx
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] training

I had the same thoughts.  I just kept thinking, wow, at this level, they had loose horses, horses out of control.  Wow.  I know that these are very fit, extremely fit, horses, and the level of excitement would have of course been out of this world.  But ... this is the world championship.  I'm sort of amazed that the horses were that uncontrollable.  29 minutes to pulse down on Theatric, for example, and Flame continuing to rear, Theatric pulling his handler around.  That's a lot of lost energy.

Let me qualify my comments by saying there's no way I could have qualified for the ride, I'm no where near that level of riding, and I'm sure I never will be.  I'm just a bit disappointed that the horses weren't in better control, I think our team was better than the results showed.  And I'm still proud of all who went to represent the USA.  Thank you to all, and hurry back home!

(putting on my flame suit now and signing off for the day, errands to do)

Carla Richardson

Colorado