[RC] Fwd: International endurance - Endurance Net

From: Maggie Mieske <msmieske@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: November 9, 2008 4:45:28 AM GMT+08:00
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: International endurance

Hello Ridecampers,
I followed the WEC with interest and jealousy. I miss riding so much! It's a long time before the Shore to Shore next summer! However, I just met a woman here in Qatar who rides endurance. There is a ride/race next weekend and Nelson and I plan to go and check it out. I'm hoping to meet new people and find out how things are done here. While male dominated, there is a group of women here in Doha who ride and compete and my new friend has promised to take me to the stable and meet them. She has also promised me a ride out on her horse since she is laid up from surgery right now. I'm terribly excited and hopeful. Life without horses, especially my Malik, is like having a piece of myself removed, a piece that leaves a noticeable difference and causes a great discomfort.
In any case, I'll hope to keep up better with friends and the sport back home, while I get a chance to see how it's done here. I keep a regular journal/blog about our adventure here in Qatar and will include the link in case anyone cares to read about it: http:// living4ward.livejournal.com/

Miles of smiles,

Maggie Mieske
Lecturer
English Department/Foundation Program
Qatar University
P.O. Box 2713
Doha, Qatar

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”