[RC] Ode to Chagall - Tom Sites

Hello,  Chagall came to me as a tall, gangly yearling  as a show cull, one of many, from Aries Arabians to a farm in Luray a family member owned.  He was raised in pasture in a herd that was handled weekly at best.  At the end of his third year he showed promise and was sent to a trainer for 30 days.  Rode slowly thru that winter fall and summer he went to the Ft. Valley 35 mile LD as a 4yo when it was at Skyline Ranch Resort in Ft. Royal.  Chagall did well and was strong and willing during the ride and at the end crossing some pavement he spooked and stood and i knew he was a good horse.  Jeannie Waldron was there and said she wanted to buy this horse.  I said..."Jeannie you're the only one in this world that would be able to buy this horse".

So Chagall went to Jeannie and her herd of horses and multitude of friends she somehow manages to find to ride all her horses.  Lynne Gilbert was her friend and rode Chagall  and fell in Love with Chagall and Jeannie after seeing Love sent Chagall to Lynne as her first horse and the rest is History.  They were a pair...a team that is rare to see between horse and rider.  After EPM and blindness in one eye and thru all Lynnes devotion to Chagall he came back and the OD Cavalry/Win/BC will be his highest glory.  It was when it was just them two and the Trail that they really found each other i think. Seeing them that day it was like magic.   This bond was real and total and everlasting.

Selling horses and long after the money is spent one gets to follow their story.  Sometimes its no story and sometimes its a sad story but this is the best of stories. Lynne cared for and took Chagall to such heights that it was a thrill to follow them.  Lynne has now become my friend who i found to be as sincere, kind and gracious a person i have ever met.  We share the same grief to Chagalls passing and i am glad they found one another and shared a bond that will be an everlasting lifetime memory.

Be at Peace,
ts