[RC] Horse for loan or lease? - Benedikte Webb-Whitman

Hi All,

Have never done this before so I am just trying to gather some information.  My
husband recently accompanied me to his first endurance ride (Moab) and enjoyed
crewing so much that he said he would like to try the sport himself.  I am not
sure how much motivation he has and so thought about getting a "temporary"
horse to begin with since we already have three.

I am looking to see if there are people who would be willing to lease an older
endurance horse to a novice.  My husband is a long-time dirt bike rider so he
has excellent balance and seat, is completely unafraid of falling, but doesn't
quite have the steering end down yet.  I am looking for a not forward,
been-there, done-that horse that would be kind to him, patient with him, and
look after him well.  I would be riding together with him and could help with
other stuff but need the right horse.  I have done some endurance over several
years and a lot of competitive trail in the area and so have petty good
distance riding experience.  We would probably only do LDs, at least at first,
since I don't know what my husband really wants to put into this.

I could certainly provide references and other requirements to make someone
feel comfortable with us.  We are located in New Mexico.  Please email me
privately if you are interested.
Thanks,
Benedikte