[RC] Might as well analyze the first gate info while waiting for some more... - Steven and Rise Estergreen

16 pulls, 10 lame, 5 metabolic and 1 W (what's that, weather?)

Leading time at G1 over 20 k/h (13 mph average).

All 6 member of the US team still in the race, ranging from position 1 to position 95 of 105 remaining riders.

I spent some time looking around Terengganu on google maps, it's on a fairly large coastal plain and I don't think there's anything higher than 200m anywhere near the course. This is not a course that a Tevis winner will do well on... Regardless of strength and condition, unless a horse has been ridden on the flat for long distances at > 10 mpg, it's in the  wrong race.

Last gps map update just came through, I'm only seeing about half of the yellow loop, and if there are any US flags out there, they're hidden in a bunch with some other riders. As of the update, at least 4 Malaysians, 2 Canadians and 2 French riders are still in the race....

I'm going to bed (in Johor Bahru, Malaysia until Monday for work, wish I could have escaped to Terengganu this weekend...)

Steven Estergreen

---- Msg sent via MCC Webmail - http://www.molalla.net/