[RC] Race Day 12:30 pm Malaysia Time - Lucie Hess

These modern venues  for Endurance Rides are pretty amazing.  I'm sitting in
our crew box at the Vet Check area  and I'm on the Net.  How cool is that?
The race starts in 5 hours and all the preparations are ready for our team.

I brought my computer as a back up charger for the Garmin GPS units.. I can
charge the units off of my computer even when it's on battery.  Right now I'm
plugged in and sitting under 2 misting fans.  (And I'm on the internet.. can
you tell I'm really happy about that?

My usual road crew duties have changed.  I'm now the vet check equipment
watcher, and during the ride I will be keeping the Stats of the race.  Like how
far ahead we are, and how long it takes the other team's horses to pulse down.
It's an important job, but I'm up for it.

There is only 1 vet check here at the start finish and 5 crew points, all the
crew points are really close together for the road crews. So driving won't be
too hard or too long.

I know all of our horses and riders are ready and looking forward to the start.
Then the preparations stop and we all go into race mode.Lot's of folks from
the US are here to help.  We have sufficient road crews and folks in the Vet
Check.

Once the first riders arrive I may not be able to post again, unless there is a
lull.  But I will try.

There are 127 horses starting, well, that passed the vetting. There may be a
few that don't start.
One of the Canadian horses has been having Anhydrosis problems and was not
presented for the vet exam.   That's a shame, a real disappointment for the
rider and the Canadian team.
Ok I'm going to get this send off.  More later hopefully.

Columbia, Missouri
 NATRC Region 6
 AERC # 65
 AERC Central Region