Re: [RC] Jan Worthington - Barbara McCrary

I was thinking of the same thing, Judy, when I read that quote from Jan.  My will is there, but the body protests.  I'm still active, too, just on a lesser level.  I hike, walk the puppy, work on trails, help with ranch work (build fences and cut firewood, etc.) river raft, and take quieter rides at a slower pace.  I suspect if I really put my efforts to it, I could do a 50-miler.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 9:18 AM
Subject: [RC] Jan Worthington

I get a kick out of Jan saying, " it,s all in your mind" age doesn,t matter. I,ll be sure to tell my achie bones that next time I,m on a long trail ride. I,ve finished lots of 100 mile rides up until I was in my late 50s & I,m still VERY active, riding, hiking, kayaking biking on trails, clearing trails. There,s no way I could do what,s she doing. She so lucky to have the will & the good genes. She will probably live to be 100. I find it fasinating that we have 3 older women on our team, going head to head with all those young men from the middle east & more. I,m sure with a litttle luck our team will do surprisingly well.

I am also wondering what election day was like for our Americans in Malaysia. Hope they all voted absentee. Judy