[RC] Info on Zakah Zahara (for Lisa Salas) - Jay Randle

Hi All

Contrary to Lisa's comments about the horse Zakah Zahara, he has actually had a VERY long and successful career in endurance.  I started Zak in endurance when he was 5 years of age, and he spent over 3 years at my stables.

Zakah Zahara completed 2 x 340km Marathon rides and 1 Quilty (as well as numerous 80km and 120km rides) here in Australia prior to being exported to the UAE.  Since being in the Middle East, Zakah Zahara completed 8 x 160km (100 mile) rides, including 5 outright wins!  Early this year Zakah Zahara was taken to Europe for their season, completing several 160km rides there.

He is now on the UAE Team for the World Endurance Championship ride in Malaysia.... one of six horses on that team, which says a lot for the respect (and hence the care) that his owners and trainers have for this (now) 12 year old gelding.

Another of my horses, Splendacrest Kamouflage, is also on the UAE Team for WEC.

I own the only entire son of Zakah Zahara, Splendacrest Zafire.... a 6 year old grey stallion who will commence his endurance career in early 2009.

Best regards

Jay Randle
SPLENDACREST ENDURANCE TRAINING
www.freewebs.com/splendacrest

May the horse be with you.....

Sell your car for just $40 at CarPoint.com.au It's simple!