Re: [RC] rehydration - Truman Prevatt

I think there were some studies at the ROC in the '90's that tied long trailer rides to treatments. If I am going to have to trailer over 8 hours - I arrive on Thursday and give the horse Friday to rest from the trip and rehydrate.

Truman

Elizabeth Walker wrote:
I agree. I've always wondered whether time in the trailer had any adverse affects on horses attending rides; i.e., more apt to require treatment than horses who had short trailer rides. I think this would be hard to collect data on, but it would be interesting.