[RC] - Lucie Hess

Today was a busy day.. We had crew training/practice on putting water on the
horses to cool them down so their pulse will drop quickly in this heat and
humidity.  It was HOT here today..  Judith and Becky certainly are getting lots
of things organized and are working hard to make this a "well oiled machine"
both for the riders and the crew.
We had 2 "horses"  we practiced pouring water on, one of them was Dr. Bryant,
our team vet and the other Jim Master son, the team Massage guy.. (he works on
horses)
We practiced 2 times today down at the beach.. There was lots of water in the
sea to fill up our buckets.. a never ending supply.
This is the South China Sea.  I can't believe I'm wading around in the South
China sea.. Too cool.

Steph Teter took a bunch of photos, I'm the one in the shirt with red and blue
stars, you can't miss me.
http://www.endurance.net./2008WEC/gallery/Oct31_USATrainingCrew/index_4.html  I
think there may be additional photos on page 5.
Tonight we had a 30th birthday party for Flavia who is a friend of Valarie
Kananvy.  Flavia is from Uruguay, she is one of Vals grooms and is also a Vet.
It was a surprise for Flavia, she said she never had a surprise party before!
We had tasty chocolate cake.. very good.
I have some corrections to make to one of my previous adventure stories.. I'll
try to get those issues clarified,  Can I blame it on Jet lag?  I now know I
have to check and double check the things I write when I'm sleep deprived.

I'm really tired tonight and it's early.  They say the 2nd day is often the
hardest.  I agree!
I need to make this short..as I'm about to fall asleep and drop  my laptop.

Horses still look great!   They are getting tons of exercise.  some folks say
they are getting fat.. <They haven't seen my big fat horse..(Buddy) >Then they
would say these horses are just in great shape.
I believe on Sunday the riders are going to practice a Night ride..

More later..  Lucie

Columbia, Missouri
 NATRC Region 6
 AERC # 65