[RC] OT: Avian Vet Looking for Work - Robin Everett

Animal people typically have more than one kind of animal. I have 4 cats and 10 parrots in addition to my 4 horses.  I saw this notice on a board for my bird club. Good avian vets are very hard to find, so I thought I'd pass this along in case anybody (or any vets) out there can lend this fellow a hand.  I do not know Dr. Echols personally (I'm in Caifornia).

Robin Everett

From: "Dr. Lafeber" <drlafeber@earthlink .net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:33:49 -0600
To: RECBC@yahoogroups. com
Subject: Scott Echols could use our assistance

Dear Friends and Colleagues

Last week, Utah Pet Center, a veterinary hospital with leading edge
veterinarians and technology, closed last Friday after being open for
a very
short time. It gave no notice to its staff. Unfortunately, Scott
Echols,
who moved from Texas to take an outstanding job there, is now out of
work,
with a one year contract that is probably worth less than the paper it
is
printed on.

Scott is an outstanding board certified avian veterinarian in a hard
situation. He has worked above and beyond the call of duty, helping
fellow
veterinarians and the Association of Avian Veterinarians. He
deserves, and
has earned, our help.

Scott is one of those unique individuals who has a diverse range of
professional interests and abilities. His interests include exotic and
avian medicine, surgery, lecturing, enrichment & foraging research,
videography & production and artwork.

If you know of work that may match Scott's interest and abilities, both
short term and long term, please contact him at:

Scott Echols, DVM, Diplomate ABVP- Avian Practice
6687 South 1530 East
Cottonwood Heights, Utah 84121
Phone: (801) 942-0665 home office
801-809-8385 cell
Email: SpotDVM@aol. com

Please forward this letter to any friends and collegues who may be
able to
assist Scott.

After learning of Scott's difficult situations, I greatly encouraged
Scott
to allow me to send this letter on his behalf.

Thank you for your help,

Ted Lafeber
CEO & President
Lafeber Company