[RC] Traveling through Canada - Prue Critchley

You'll need a current Coggins (within six months) and Health Papers (valid for 30 days from date of issue).  There are sometimes hold ups at the border and they are frequently a bit slow at processing the paperwork.  You'd need to stop at the US border office on the way through to Canada to tell them what you are doing - then go on to the Canadian border control to present your papers.  On the way back to the US it is best to do the same again - let them know on the Canadian side that you are on your way back through and then at the US control to show your papers again and to tell them you are back.  I believe that sometimes they insist on padlocking the trailer (to seal it) in these instances.  If I were you, I'd bite the bullet and travel the extra two hours and pay the extra gas... it could work out cheaper and quicker in the end.
Prue