[RC] [Endurance Riding: News] Dubai: DRC to Cover Endurance Cup - Merri

Khaleejtimes.com

Hisham Al Gizouli

DUBAI — Shaikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of the Executive Council will lead the UAE charge at the FEI Endurance World Cup to be held in Malaysia next month.

Mada’in Properties will be the official sponsors of the Dubai Racing Channel (DRC) during its live coverage of the international endurance showcase, it was announced on Wednesday. The competition will be held over four days from November 6.

It has also been confirmed that Shaikh Majid bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum will be in the six-member strong squad.

“We are pleased to associate ourselves with this newly born TV station,” said Abdul Aziz Al Awar, CEO of Mada’in Properties during a brief signing ceremony.

The agreement was signed by Rashid Amiri on behalf of the Dubai Media Incorporated and Abdul Aziz Al Awar for Mada’in.

Meanwhile, Darweesh Mohammed Ali, director of the Dubai Racing Channel reiterated that the agreement is a step forward in the right direction.

“It’s only the beginning,” he said. “We are embarking on an ambitious long term partnership with Mada’in after the official launching of the channel,” he said.

But Ali declined to unveil the exact amount of the deal. “Our immediate concern is to achieve our target by providing a live coverage to the satisfaction of the public through our dedicated team in Terengganu, Malaysia and live studio at our headquarters in Dubai,” he said.

The FEI World Endurance Championship 2008 will be held at Terengganu International Endurance Park in Setiu Terengganu, Malaysia.

Situated a few kilometres from the South China Sea, the venue will offer visitors and competitors the best of Malaysia’s natural beauty and hospitality.

The course is designed to provide a safe yet challenging competition, taking riders along the stunning coast line, through palm plantations, along canal banks and through natural vegetation forests. A long and wide grassy stretch of track provides ample space for the start of the competition from the venue, and for a safe finish line and entry back into the Endurance Park.

Meanwhile, the final MAS Cargo jet arrived at Sultan Mahmud International Airport, carrying the final load of horses. With the exception of UAE, Qatar and Bahrain horses which will by transported by privately owned cargo jets, all of the competing horses are now on location.

They will remain in separate stables and be confined to separate training tracks in accordance to FEI quarantine requirements as determined by geographic regions until the competition begins.

hisham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
Posted By Merri to Endurance Riding: News at 10/23/2008 07:59:00 PM