Re: [RC] trail traps MA - Elizabeth Walker

My tendency is to agree with you, that the person doing this is aware of the possible consequences.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that a wire at neck height, coupled with a snapping mousetrap is going to cause someone to -- at best -- have a very nasty spill.  A very **little** bit of thought  should raise the possibility of serious injury.

That said --  I've also seen and/or heard of people (usually teenagers) who have done some incredibly stupid things because they literally did not think of the consequences.

Regardless - I hope they catch them, and charge them with attempted murder - which is what this is.  I just hope it stays "attempted".

On Oct 23, 2008, at 8:26 AM, Lori Bertolucci wrote:

Jen, it would be nice to "think" that the person is unaware of the danger...but I very much doubt that they don't know. This is a person/s that are very much aware of what will happen. Those traps are set to possibly even decapitate someone traveling fast enough. This is not just a prank, no matter how much one would like to think so.

Lori

--- On Thu, 10/23/08, bigthuddy@xxxxxxxxxxx <bigthuddy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: bigthuddy@xxxxxxxxxxx <bigthuddy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC] trail traps MA
To: "susan golshani" <susan.antonine@xxxxxxxxx>, ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 8:18 AM

As someone who rides these trails all the time I an appalled that some ignorant person would do this to us. Yes, these trails have been used by horse owners forever and I cannot believe this would be a problem in some person's mind.  This person probably does not understand how dangerous this is to someone who is trotting/cantering down these wonderful trails. This same person is also setting up mouse traps at the end of the wires so when the person hits the wire the mouse trap will snap and spook the horses even more!  Stupid!!!!

Jen
From: "susan golshani" <susan.antonine@xxxxxxxxx>