Re: [RC] re: competition scratches - firedancefarms

Of the four horses that we brought to the National Championships, two got scratches and two did not.  The two that did not are from the same place in TX.  The other two are from very different places in OK. It made no difference how much they were ridden.  My mare has never gotten them before.
Our other horses get them when we ride out west and we have tried everything to prevent it.  It seems we have four days and then our 'time is up' so we can do three days at Ft. Stanton if we get there the day before but by day 4 they are getting scratches.
I was very surprised to see them appear in IN, as I thought it was only a 'western' thing.
Oh, I was just counting.  We got there Tuesday and scratches appeared Friday.  Four days!
Jody, how long were you there before the race Thurs?
Louise
Louise Burton
Firedance Farms Endurance Arabians
http://pages.prodigy.net/firedancefarms