From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kathy Mayeda
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2008 9:56 AM
To: mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Ridecamp
Subject: Re: FW: FW: [RC] Hard Headed Horses

I have used this method with my mare while at my instructor's place, but it is not really a good substittute for training a horse to load.

K.

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Mike Sherrell <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Because the ropes run up through a ring in front (typically the point that the trailer tie attaches to) and then back to you, the technical term I think is "snubbed", like I believe "dally", i.e., the friction at the snub point gives you enough advantage that the horse can't outpull you. This is the same principle that ropers use when they snub the rope around the saddle horn, and you know it gives them enough of an advantage that they can flip a big calf going full tilt or just plain stop a runaway cow. No, I'm not kidding.

Regards,

Mike Sherrell
Grizzly Analytical (USA)
707 887 2919; fax = 707 887 9834