From: D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson <cest.mon.virage@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC] competition scratches
To: "rides2far@xxxxxxxx" <rides2far@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, October 20, 2008, 2:16 PM

I have a TB mare that does that the minute she is exposed to any kind of rice product.  Rice bran, rice hulls (for bedding) etc.  Maybe there is some kind of 'plant' type organism in the environment that flares up an allergy that will set in a chemical chain reaction within 12 hours of exposure.  Astra, my mare, will do that if she is in a HIGH stress environment but the symptoms recede quickly without the sores.