From: lynne@xxxxxxxxxx
To: nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Fires in CA, here we go again
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 09:16:24 -0700

It looks like it's west of the Sunland ride area now, though it originated there.  Jumped the fire lines early this morning, they say it's headed south and west. It looks as if they're using the ride basecamp (Hansen Dam Eq Ctr) as the evac for horses, so it's likely none of the ride territory is involved.

The 210 is closed near the 118, and the Glenoaks exit off 118 is closed.  Jonni used to live in that area, Jonni, do you have any news from Vicki/Tara/Sheri/Mel/Jackie?  Do they need evac help?  I have a 4 horse gooseneck and standard cab truck, it's pretty handy at U turns for a 4 horse.

30-40 mph wind here, an hour plus away. Micki, the Precipitous Poppy was on the other side of that mountain range, in Pearblossom.

Lynne