[RC] Wussification if endurance and how about some decent "cowgirl" boots? - oddfarm

Well, call me a wussy, I don't care. Trainer Wendy and I started in a "pup tent" with a cooler and bucket baths. It was fun for the first ride. Not so much after a few years. The slide in camper was a dream come true. Let the wind blow, the rain drench and the cold front come on down!!! Didn't care 'cause we were in the camper. My 4-Star with living quarters is my dream come true. It is also John's dream come true because now I come home smelling nice and in a good mood. ;)

Gotta keep my man happy!! :)

Now, I am looking for a good pair of RIDING boots. I am riding in a saddle that has western fenders and the Ariat half chaps slide back and forth and cause shin splints. So I bought some Ariat "Roughstock" cowgirl type boots and I love them but they are only 11 inches tall. I want a tall western type boot that is really made for riding. Not one that is red with a stacked heel or turquoise and "pretty" but one that is useable. It is really aggravating to walk into a boot store and see 540 pairs for men that are actually made for riding and working and 30 pairs for women that are made for riding poles. Crude, but true.

Any suggestions?
Lisa Salas, The Odd Farm
jsalas at tampabay dot rr dot com