[RC] A ride for the adventure seeker - Laura Hayes

I have been reading the posts from those who lament the loss of the tough, barebones adventure in endurance.  Yes, Dave and Annie still put on the very best rides in the country (love you guys), but for the hardy endurance rider looking for the longest annual ride in the country, the Santa Fe ride, with 515 miles of trail is great.  I have done it twice now.  It truly is 515 miles of different trail.  We rerode only about 3 miles which occured on the last day and was such a fabulous view, that I wanted to do it again.  This ride was fun, challenging and truly endurance like we used to do 25 years ago, with the added bonus of towns along the way who hosted us in pot luck suppers and opened their school gyms for showers.  For the true gypsy adventurer, The Great Santa Fe ride was a blast.

Laura Hayes