[RC] New incentive to enter 100's - sherman

I’m not for this idea at all. However, it would be less objectionable if the rider would only get any credit if it were a true RO pull (no hint of metabolic/lameness etc) at designated mileage points, maybe 50 and 75. Even then, I don’t think I’d want to change our rules to allow this.

However, since the elevator rides don’t seem to encourage more 100 mile riders because it is so easy to quit earlier in the ride, I’d suggest charging the entry fee for the mileage that a rider wants to try to elevate to. Once the fee is paid, riders might have a bit more incentive to try if there is truly no reason not to go on. Then the ride managers hopefully would not see a reduction in 100 mile entries when offering elevator rides and would perhaps be more willing to offer them. How about that as an incentive to enter 100s?

Kathy