Re: [RC] Puzzlers - Barbara McCrary

Re: Your last sentence.  Yes, a gelding can mount and penetrate a mare, because we have had two of them who have done so.  A real nuisance!  The first gelding is long gone, but the second is still here and I make a point of keeping a distance between him and our mare.  It's hard to comprehend, but it does happen.  The mare is pastured with an older gelding who was not neutered until he was two and he doesn't bother her, except for being dominate and bossy.  The gelding who is the sexy one was gelded at 13 months.  Go figure....

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
From: jamie ward
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 9:50 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Puzzlers

LOL. We have a mare just like that , always in heat but not moody  just... slutty. She will try to speed up on the trail if their is a horse way in front.. you never know it maybe a man and she is going to find out! she has actually been "bred" by a friends gelding we called the vet didn't think they could do that once their balls were gone but apparently they can.