Re: [RC] Newbie with a Concern - Janeene

Thanks for your feedback so far.  I've tried to find a mentor in my area, but the list seems to be outdated and I never get a response from anyone on it (but if anyone reading this wants to volunteer ... hint, hint!).  I am very familiar with Arabians, so it wasn't a breed shock:  I grew up riding/showing them and have four of my own (mostly Polish breeding).  My horses are probably luckier than many; we have 60 acres of beautiful pasture so we don't have a problem with keeping weight on any of them.  Even with all of their pasture, they still get two feedings daily and are hayed in the winter.  My farm vet says they are all in good weight, but, lordy, my horses look fat compared with alot of the ones I saw at this ride.  Again, the top riders' horses seemed to be in really good weight.  It seemed to be the other more average riders who had the "skinny" horses.