Re: [RC] Endurance saddle/Icelandic - Marlene Moss

Nancy,

The last I knew, John was using a Free’n’Easy.  It is a very adjustable saddle, but even it had to be highly modified to fit Remington.  He is not a typical Icelandic shape at all.  For that matter, his shape is not like any horse I have ever seen before.  I still had the mold we did of his back until recently (it lost its shape during a move).  Remington has an “A” shape at the loins and we had to modify the angle at which the panels mounted so that the natural motion of the panels was within the range of his motion.  His wither shape was more normal and did not require this kind of modification.  We started with a medium tree and the more typical Icelandic takes a wider tree or even extra wide.  John has another FnE for his other Icey (Skoldjur – sp?) that is more typical.

Some of the comments John had after getting set up with the FnE was that Remington was more able to gait and that he almost had to find new riding partners because he moved so much faster with the FnE.

Marlene

Marlene Moss

www.LosPinos-CO.com - Boarding, Sales and More

www.KineticEquineAnalysis.com - Saddle Fitting