Re: [RC] [RC] Where do you buy your Hay From? - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

Hi Val,

I live in Northern California and get my hay from a grower.  I get 25 tons delivered twice a year.  The price over the last five years has gone from $110.00 a ton to $225.00 a ton - delivered.  I am very careful where the hay comes from.  I prefer the Tully Lake and Minden, NV area over Central CA.  Central CA hay fields are watered out of the polluted irragation ditches.  I also found, in the past, when I did get hay from that area, foreign objects and/or materials in the hay.  Including and limited to branches (adds weight), wire, noxious weed (fettle neck), burrs, dead animals. and so on.  The Tri-Mix and Grassy Alfalfa out of Tully Lake has been relatively clean of contaminants and is watered from natural aquafirs from the snow pack vs irrigation ditches.

D'Arcy