Re: [RC] Breed traits,arabians. - Hoovinit

I think maybe the tide is turning back and some arab breeders are realizing what they have been doing has been hurting the arabian breed- about 5 years ago my niece showed our then 22 year old "rescue" arabian gelding at the local arab club show and took reserve champion in the geldings/stallions class.  The judge, who also judges halter at the big Scottsdale show, took her aside and asked her what the breeding on him was and said "too bad he's gelded-people are seeking out the older lines to breed back into".  My niece has his papers and all I can remember is he seemed to have a variety of all the old lines that used to be prevalent here in the Phoenix area. He has really good bone and just an over-all "balanced" look to him and he's still beautiful and moves pretty nice even at age 29.