Re: [RC] Safe??? - Beth Walker

I like this idea. Everyone runs their rides a little differently, so putting this info in the summary of the calendar (or in the description) would be a big help. Some rides don't even have a description posted -- makes it kind of difficult to figure out if that is a ride I might want to go to. Some stuff I would like to see is:

-- Estimated difficulty of the ride. Some descriptions have this, some don't.
-- Number of vet checks
-- Treatment vet available or treatment alternatives
-- Vet check setup; i.e., water, hay, water for riders, etc. I think this is where most of the variation would be. -- Availability of water on the trail

Some of the descriptions in the calendar have all this stuff. Some only have directions to the ride. Maybe an online form that managers can fill out so that it is a little more uniform? While this might not be that useful to riders who go to a lot of rides and already know which rides provide what, I think it would be extremely useful to new riders, or riders trying an out-of-area ride.

I agree with David - things go more smoothly if you know what to expect, especially if you trailer a long way, check in to the ride, and only ***then*** find out that you needed to bring two vet check bags, or whatever.