Re: [RC] Safe??? - Truman Prevatt

David,

That is an excellent point.

BTW I thought all rides had treatment vets until this list started. All I had been to do - including rides in the SE, NE, CT and MT region I had been to. So yes I thought it was "common practice."

Truman

David LeBlanc wrote:

Second thing to think about - there was a landmark lawsuit many years ago where a ship got in trouble on the Great Lakes. They didn't have a radio, and radios weren't a _requirement_. If they'd have had a radio, they almost certainly wouldn't have had a major problem. The thing the court found was that since radios were in common use, and it was _best practice_ to have a radio, then the owners of the ship were negligent, and were at fault, despite the fact they met requirements. So a RM could meet the _requirements_ and still be negligent, if they didn't follow well known best practice.

At any rate, when people know the risks they're taking in advance, you're
less likely to get lawyers involved, or even have malfunctions in the first
place. Maybe it would be nice to have some of this stuff on the calendar -
we have spaces for the RM and the head vet, maybe we should give people some
other information, too. Then people can make their own choices.

--

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.” Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil