[RC] Urine Residue: Normal? - sherman

I don’t know the answer to your question, but I’d question the feeding of sweet feed to a pony. Not all, but many ponies are predisposed to laminitis, insulin resistant,  need to be on a low sugar feed/hay, with limited grazing, especially green pastures, and no alfalfa. I only say this because I had to care for a pony that wasn’t limited in her grazing or alfalfa and ended up with an incredibly painful case of laminitis in all four hooves at the same time, nearly dying, couldn’t get up for days, had to be syringe fed a mush for days, and medicated for months for pain. Not saying that this person overfeeds, but still, might check out the pony’s entire diet.

Kathy

Someone asked me why a pony she has had for 2 weeks suddenly is leaving milky
white residue on the ground when he pees.

Pony eats hay, sweet feed and a mineral salt block.

Anyone know if this could be a sign of a problem?
Thanks!