Home Current News News Archive Shop/Advertise Ridecamp Classified Events Learn/AERC
Endurance.Net Home Ridecamp Archives
[Archives Index]   [Date Index]   [Thread Index]   [Author Index]   [Subject Index]

Re: [RC] Permission to ride on private property - Kathy Mayeda

California does have a code for prescriptive easement, where a person uses the route adversely for 5 years they have an easement.  Might be hard to enforce, though.

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 8:04 PM, Maryben Stover <mbstover@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If you are in California the California Code provides protection for property owners unless they are charging a fee.

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Sharon Hahn <sharon.hahn@xxxxxxx> wrote:

As others have pointed out, it's impossible to draft something that provides total protection for the landowners.  However, you should be able to come up with a reasonable liability waiver you can have your boarders sign, and perhaps post your state's liability sign along the road.  It might be worthwhile to visit your local lawyer - shouldn't cost much for a simple draft that covers your area's laws.

A friend's health insurance company tried to go after the owner of her boarding stable for the doctor bill when HER horse broke HER arm acting like a fool while loading into HER trailer.  The friend didn't want to blame the barn owner.  The only way the stable was even involved was that they were there at the time.  Not sure how that ultimately turned out, though.

Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
Get a Free Account at www.mail.com!

[RC] Permission to ride on private property, Sharon Hahn
Re: [RC] Permission to ride on private property, Maryben Stover