Re: [RC] Nominating for DAL - Truman Prevatt

I second that! Interestingly enough that was '04 - the year I sit without power for 8 days after Hurricane Francis. Glad to hear you are back with power, Mike. It's no fun and during that time I was thankful we had solar on our LQ. I sent my nomination in the last part of Sept of '04 and then headed out for a project review in Denver. Because of some things that were going on in the world and the desire to transitions some R&D projects we had been working on to mainline operations - I ended up with a plate fuller than I wanted. I knew it would require all my time and would mean I would not have any time to devote to the AERC. After some consideration and conversations with my better half - I withdrew my nomination.

I would like to see 20 plus candidates with a lively debate on the issues and the list during Oct. Since I'm meeting in Washington this Friday with some nice folks about supporting a new start up program - I fear once again my time may not be my own over the next several years. While the AERC is important there are some things that are more important. While I had toyed with nominating - there would not be sufficient time to devote to the job.

Truman

Michael Maul wrote:
I just got power back last night after being without it for 10 days as a results of hurricane Ike. We are still cleaning up from a lot of tree damage.

I encourage anyone who has the time and is willing to devote the effort to supporting AERC by nominating for the position of Director-at-Large. A few years ago - we did have a large slate of nominees - about 22 if I remember correctly. It would be great to see that again. Truman was one of those.

My column in the Sept EN is about being on the Board at

http://www.aerc.org/ENSept08Pres.asp

--

“The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.” Friedrich Nietzsche