[RC] VA Equestrian Trail Riding Survey - Peery, Sandra

Title: Equestrian Trail Riding Survey]
Please take the time to complete this survey - it will greatly help in
developing and promoting our trails in Virginia.

Welcome to the Virginia Trail Riding Survey!

This study is being conducted by the Virginia Horse Council to gather
information and impressions on the state of trail rides within the state of
Virginia. We all know that the equine industry is a large economic force in
the state and in the nation. Trail riding and the travel associated with it
is one facet of that industry.

If you are interested in participating please access the survey at the link
below:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=Wk1sf0r_2fyPrPqI4jnzu_2brg_3d_3d

Please help us understand the current state of trails in Virginia by telling
us what is available in your home county, what your travel habits are, and
assist us in growing equestrian tourism in an economically, socially and
environmentally lasting way. We are asking that you respond to questions in
this study being as honest as possible. Your responses will be kept
completely confidential and reported in aggregate form only.

The information obtained from these questions will be used to gain a local
and statewide understanding of the existing resources used for trail riding
and the issues surrounding the expansion of this exciting industry niche.
Additionally, the information gathered in this survey will help secure
funding for the development of supporting programs.

AS A THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN THIS SURVEY, YOU WILL BE ENTERED INTO A
DRAWING FOR A VIRGINIA STATE PARKS EQUESTRIAN PASS. At the end of the
survey, we ask for you contact information so that we can enter you in the
drawing. This information will be stored separately from your survey

At the conclusion of this study, the results will be displayed on the
Virginia Horse Council website (www.virginiahorsecouncil.org). Additionally,
a summary of results will be shared at the Virginia Governor's Conference on
Trails and Greenways held in Richmond October 7-9, 2008.
http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/recreational_planning/rpconf.shtml

In order to obtain the most accurate information possible, you will be able
to fill out the survey only once. Please encourage as many people as
possible to fill out the survey. This will demonstrate strong support for
equestrian tourism development in your area, as well as provide the best
possible information on facilities and needs. The survey ends on Monday,
September 22, 2008.

Thank you for your continued efforts in making Virginia a healthy place for
horses and horse enthusiasts!

Sally Aungier, Chair, Trails Committee
Virginia Horse Council