Re: [RC] horse with body quivers - Karen Sullivan

I applaud those who are throwing out ideas and experiences.....it can make a huge difference!

Some years ago somebody happened mention that one of the symptoms of tick fever
(ehrlichiosis) was unexplained swelling of the lower legs.  maybe 6 months later, my
mare developed stocked up lower legs...mystery as she had NO FEVER!!!

But, because I remembered that little bit on info on ridecamp about the tick fever and
stocking up, i immediately got her into the vet...and she DID test positive for it, was
actually VERy ill, just not showing any symptoms of being sick......so we started doxycycline
shots right away and got it cleared up before any permanent damage was done.

Had i not read that bit of info on ridecamp about the stocked up legs...I probably would have waited and done a "lets see" wiith the mare......
Karen