Re: [RC] windswept foot?? - Kathy Mayeda

I think that it couldn't hurt to put some LSD on her and see what happens.  Beau has a crooked drive train (high-low heels in front, wiggy left stifle, higher on right side than left) that actually gets more symmetrical the more he's in work.  When I stop conditioning, he tends to fall apart a little more.  My mare also has a front leg that turns out a little and she gets ton of flare on that foot.  She's 18 y.o. and has done a few LD's over the past year (never used for endurance before) and the vet thinks that once she's recovered from whatever soft tissue injury that she had, there is no reason why I couldn't do a 50 on her.  And conditioning means nothing special - just the usual mostly trotting on the trail.  I could say I do arena work with them, but the arena work isn't enough to make a difference in their conditioning.

I think you'll be observant enough to know when to slow down on her work.

K.