[RC] Hunter Bump / funny looking manure - Chastain, Shannon L.

Got 2 issues on my LD/CTR Arab:
I have seen a few piles of strange looking manure and I am just wondering if it is normal or if maybe he is getting to much or not enough of something. The piles have what I think looks like a gold crystal on them. I was not sure if they belong to my Arab or my mustang at first. Then I took only the Arab for a 3 day camping trip and they belong to him and it does not take very long for these "crystal" to form, any ideas??? We live in NW MO I have 2 one acre pasture and they get rotated around. The weather has been very dry and not as hot as usual (except for a few weeks in July) He also gets 1 pound of a mix of BP, soybean hulls, whole oats and running horse feed. He loves his free choice minerals and salt block and has fresh clean water at all times. He is a little chunky due to the issue below.

This same gelding developed  a hunter bump at our last CTR in early June. I have not competed on him since I decide I had to find a saddle that fit him. I took my skyrider saddle which was close to a fit down to Len Brown and he took the saddle apart and rebuilt it to fit Charlie. What I would like to know if this saddle does work and the sore back issue go away can he compete with the bump I have been told it will not go away however, with a better fitting saddle, correction work, and me working harder on posting to both diagonals more the soreness will go away. Anyone doing 50's with a horse with a hunter bump?
Thanks,

Shannon
Rock Port MO