[RC] Sept 19-20 Blackwater Boogie Ride is CANCELLED - Christina Schiro

Dear Competitors and Volunteers,

Blackwater Boogie Ride Management has decided to CANCEL the SEPT 19 & 20, 2008 Blackwater Boogie Endurance Ride. We believe this is a prudent decision as we look at a very active tropical weather forecast in the upcoming weeks for our area as well as elsewhere along the Gulf and Atlantic coasts, where many of our competitors and volunteers live.

We will be looking into RESCHEDULING the ride at a later date, possibly in the spring.

For those that have already sent us checks: No checks have been deposited. No checks will be cashed, not even your non-refundable deposit. As we are planning on rescheduling the ride, we will hold onto your check unless you contact us to mail your check back to you or tear your check up.

For those that have paid by PayPal: We will credit your account back via PayPal.

Ride management is working on personally contacting all competitors that have pre-registered as well as all volunteers.

For those competitors who are interested in still attending an endurance ride, the Biltmore Mountin' Hopes Ride in Asheville, NC is being held September 20, 2008. I have spoken with Ride Manager Bob Magnus and he has agreed to extend his pre-registration deadline: Envelopes must be postmarked on/by Monday, Sept 8th (original date was Sept. 6th).

Thank you,Christina Schiro
Ride Manager, Blackwater Boogie Endurance Ride
850-206-3237 (cell)
ckschiro at yahoo dot com