[RC] Tailing - sherman

http://www.equi-sense.com/articles/longlines.html

http://iceryder.net/grounddriving.html

Tailing is sort of a deviation of ground driving. Here are a couple of articles on teaching that. I actually didn’t even teach ground driving (bad owner), instead had someone lead while I tailed for a few times Of course, they’d had extensive tail desensitization lessons with every grooming, then I just started walking behind them when I moved them around the property instead of leading them and held on to their tail while I drove them around. I found that even with the horses that I had a hard time with, when we were on a ride, on a trail, and the other horses were going in the direction we were going, it was much easier and they didn’t wander around as much as they do at home.

Kathy