[RC] Parking Trailers - Diana Hiiesalu

I have a question for anyone who might know about the proper way if there is such when parking a horse trailer at a trailhead.

My girlfriend and I went to Cronin yesterday (at Pedro Hill) and every time I have gone to park my trailer I have pulled behind the other trailers to find my spot then park at an angle. Yesterday I got there and there was one trailer that didn't leave enough room in the rear (there was room in the front to pull up 3 more feet). So, I had to go in front then back in to fit next to my girlfriend's rig.
I left a note on the windshield of this trailer to say they needed to pull up so others could get in and park.

While we were tacking up, the riders came back and this woman (who owned the trailer, which happened to be a gooseneck/living quarters) immediately told my girlfriend she was pulled out too far in front and she was going to get hit if she didn't move back. She then said that the proper etiquette is for people to pull around the front, then back into a spot, leaving more room at the front of the trailers to pull out (ie, for her type of trailer). She then said she was on a trails committee (??) and that was the law. Later I looked at the sign by the parking lot showing arrows coming from the rear where the trailers park and where single cars park. It'd seem to me I'd rather have people pulling along side of my trailer going forward than trying to back in, as not everyone is a great backer, especially if the
room is tight.

Thanks!
Diana Hiiesalu Bain